Greener Shipping Summit 2019
At the Door of 2020 and Moving Fast to 2030 and 2050
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
2020 will be less than two months away in November. The Greener Shipping Summit 2019, under the all-embracing title: "At the Door of 2020 and moving fast to 2030 and 2050‚" will present and discuss the latest developments in the IMO regarding NOx, SOx, CO2 and PM emissions. The Summit will also look further down the road to decarbonisation, speed limits, emissions cap, emission trading systems and alternative fuels and methods of propulsion.
The Greener Shipping Summit 2019, under the auspices of MARTECMA, will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at the Eugenides Foundation, Athens.
Items to be looked at :
• Energy saving devices and new technologies: Do they have value for money in the emissions reduction?
• Speed limits or emission limits? Pros and cons
• Goal based measures for emissions reduction
• Emission Trading Schemes (ETS)
• Developments in alternative fuels
• Ports infrastructure, including for cold ironing
• Virtual arrival
• IT solutions in performance monitoring
• Autonomous ships, technology and legal issues.
For people that will still be thinking that two months is too long an update on 2020 will be provided.